The OS421 optical smoke sensor is used in mine haulages and shafts to measure smoke in the environment. It is an indispensable aid to the ventilation engineer, providing accurate measurements of smoke and early fire warning in underground mining operations.
The optical smoke sensor seamlessly integrates with any third-party system capable of interpreting 4-20mA signals, which includes our industry leading SL2010 Fire Detection and Environmental Monitoring system.
- Laser Scattering Technology
- Measures Smoke in 0-100% range.
- 15-30Vdc Input Voltage, 4-20mA Analog Output
- Ruggedized Design
PART NUMBER: SP00845
- Intake air ways
- Return air ways
- Cable ducts/ tunnels
- Conveyor belt drive houses
- Conveyor Tunnels
OS421 OPTICAL SMOKE SENSOR
- The OS421 is an optical smoke sensor that uses laser scattering from visible smoke particles to detect smoke.
- The sensing module uses a fan to draw in air for sampling inside an optical chamber. The visible particles are counted and measured for size to determine the level of smoke.
- The OS421 has a 3 wire 4-20 mA industry standard electrical interface, making it compatible with most industry standard controllers, including SL2010 IOC devices.
- The OS421 electronic enclosure is ingress protected to IP 65 against dust and water.
- The OS421 is fitted with two external voltage test pads where the output signal can be verified with a Digital Multi- Meter (DMM).
Water and Dust: IP 65
Temperature: 0 °C to +55 °C
Physical Dimensions: 127mm x 123mm x 260mm
Weight: ± 2.3 kg
Ex ia I
Measuring Range: 0 – “100%” Smoke
Analog Output Signal: 4-20 mA
Maximum Load Resistance: 800 ohm @ 24V
Test Signal: 40 mV: Zero
200 mV: Full Scale
Supply:15 - 30VDC
(3 wire system)
Analog Output Signal: 4 mA - 0%
20 mA - 100%
Electrical Protection: Test output is short circuit protected
Warm Up Time: < 30 sec
Life Expectancy: Up to 10 years