SPECIAL RISK TELEMETRY AND FIRE PROTECTION SOLUTIONS
Telemetry & Instrumentation
in underground telemetry in South Africa. Approximately 6 300 sensors are currently being monitored on 57 sites, on a 24/7 basis.
The SL2010 telemetry system provides data communication in the mining sector and is mostly utilised as a robust environmental monitoring, fire detection and blasting monitoring solution. This feature can be used for shaft clearances.
The network is based on LonWorks® technology and is custom configurable and expandable based on specific mining layouts.
- Environmental monitoring such as CO, CH4, SO2, NO2, H2 and NH3 gases, air flow, air temperature, humidity and smoke
- Fire detection
- Status monitoring
- i.e. ventilation door open/closed
- Monitoring of dam levels and pump status
- Fire system monitoring
- Long distance communication
- Free (dynamic) topology
- Robust communication
- Wide selection of gas sensors
- Integrates to: 4-20mA, 0-1mA
- Pre-defined blasting zones and dynamic blasting zones
- Advanced fire algorithms
- Real-time database
- System scalability